Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vent today...gone tomorrow

I hate know it alls. I absolutely can't stand people who seem to think they have a total and complete grasp of what life is all about, and how its various challenges and issues should be dealt with. They may have their own short-comings and weaknesses that people around them deal with, but when it is their turn to bear with others' downtimes, they get into this overtly sage-like mode, where they look at you or listen to you with an air of "oh you stupid, poor, dumb miserable child, feeling all these non-existent feelings, and going through these make-believe issues", and somehow every time they talk it seems like they are talking at you. Communication is a two-way street, helloooo!!
People like this have an answer for every question (even for those which have not been asked) and solution to every problem (even ones that don't even exist), and then they will state the obvious, because at some level they believe the world is full of dumb people, who remain oblivious to the obvious even when it hits them smack in the face. Add to this their belief that others' best is never good enough and perhaps others are only faced with a problem because they have done nothing to eradicate it. Yes, because we are that dumb.
Oh and people like this also think actions are always the best thing and words almost always are crap, because life is always that simple, right? And you always know what steps to take and what actions to undertake, always. Bull!!!
Of course 90% of the know it alls are men and if only I could box my out of every conversation with every logical and practical man in this world, I would probably be crowned the heavy weight champion of the world within the next 24 hours. Mohammad Ali has got nothing on me. Why oh why are men the most infuriating creatures in the world? Why do they have to think every observation made on the current state of a depressing and trying situation is a whine? Why do they assume that just because we are trying to talk about the difficulty of the present circumstances, we are doing nothing, NOTHING to make it all better?
I am a woman, a strong, independent woman who has always made her way out of her various troubles, by hook or by crook, every single time, without the aide of the whole world. I have taken whatever steps are needed to make a miserable condition better and it may not have been swift, but it has always been long-lasting and I am eternally grateful to my God for that. But through it all, there is one and only one thing that I have desired from the people around me and that is to listen to my crap, promise me their undying support and pretend to be empathetic, always EMPATHETIC! Not judgmental, not patronizing, not critical, not impatient, just empathetic. And you know why I can demand this HERCULEAN effort from my near and dear ones, because I am sure as hell there for them when they need me, in whatever capacity they require me, I am there. Always, period! Oh dear God *gasp* yes i expect!!!
To hell with productivity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very interesting frustration!:-)
I'm sorry you have to put up with him for all this crap! it's time move on and jump to another ship! he may not be the right person to take care of your empathetic heart:-) SOS....lol

the free spirit said...

You bet :P